Founded in 1927 by the Chambre Syndicale of Haute Couture,The School of the Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne is the perfect reflection of what is and has always been central to the work of Couturiers and Designers, in that it offers both the highly skilled technical training their professions require and prepares the ascent of tomorrow’s leading fashion designers.
In Novembre 2010, the Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne School moved into an entirely renovated building
Brought to life by the designer and couturier Maurizio Galante giving a whole new look and meaning to the reception area, meeting room and amphitheatre.
Internationally renowned for its training in fashion know-how, the School has gone through various stages of development and now offers :
- A Training Centre for Apprentices,
- Contrats de Professionnalisation courses (Vocational sandwich courses) : A two-year « PATTERN-MAKING » course, started in 2000, and since 2010 a one-year « COUTURE and ALTERATIONS » course.
- A Professional Adult Education centre, opened in 1976, where courses are based on notions of quality and the fall of the garment, fashion culture…
- A four-year course in DESIGN/PATTERN-MAKING, the final qualification of which is classified as a level ll diploma or Masters 1 (Bachelor equivalent).
- A one-year Advanced Design/Pattern-Making course created in 2006 for students who have already done further studies in fashion.
- A summer school programme starting for the first time this coming July 2012.
The following people trained here : Adeline André, Alexis Mabille, André Courrèges, Anne Valérie hash, Dominique Sirop, Gilles Rosier, Gustavo Lins, Issey Miyake, Jean Colonna, Jean-Louis Scherrer, Jens Laugesen, Jérôme Lhuillier, Julien Fournié, Karl Lagerfeld, Lars Nilsson, Lefranc.Ferrant, Maxime Simoens, Rabih Kayrouz, Stéphane Rolland, Tom Van Lingen, Tomas Maier, Suzy Menkès, Valentino, Véronique Nichanian, Yves Saint Laurent, …
© photo credit : Kristen Pelou