1st, 2nd and 3rd years
During the first two years of this fashion design programme, the teaching focuses on the acquisition of technical and artistic craftmanship.
The first year serves as a preparatory year during which students must assert the capacities and potential revealed in the pre-enrollment interview through their results.
The programmes of the two first years are focused on the apprenticeship of the basic techniques which will allow them to express their creative ideas.
The aim of the third year of this fashion degree is to begin to orientate students in a direction that corresponds to a potential identified during the first two years and to also make them aware of brand universe, improve their « fashion » culture and broaden their vision, encourage them to « take the initiative » and introduce them to work methods …
- The construction of the garment : the study of the human body morphology, its measurements and shapes, draping, flat pattern-making, LECTRA MODARIS…
- Assembling techniques, the making up of study-based models using different types of assembling techniques, drawing and technical notes (manual and computerized), garment production techniques, cost calculation…
- Fabric knowledge : the technology of materials, weaves, embellishments, weaving, knitting, knitwear …
- From the drawing to the prototype : drawing, live model drawing, creative development, research, design, ILLUSTRATOR, PHOTOSHOP, LECTRA KALEDO, prototype creation and the development of a collection in all its stages.
- Textile creation and design, patterns, all-over prints, fabric research,
- A preparatory course for the design of accessories,
- Fashion and costume history, fashion culture, contemporary fashion, collection analysis,
- A professional English course,
- Knowledge of the corporate world : lessons given by professionals on fashion marketing, design, communication, the luxury products, the mass market, the company, « Learning to promote yourself », …
There are also on-going collaborative projects, giving students « hands-on » experience with the product.
ASSESSMENT AND EXAMS
- Going into the 2nd and 3rd year depends upon :
– An overall average of at least 10 in coursework throughout the school year : at the end of January and the end of April, a bulletin of grades and comments from all course teachers will be sent to each student, including his/her amount of absences. Absences that have not been justified will engender a proportional lowering of the grade in the subject concerned.
– An overall average of at least 10 in the end-of-year exams which take place in June each school year.
- Obtaining the 3rd year certification depends upon :
– An overall average of at least 10 in coursework throughout the school year and an overall average of at least 10 in the end-of-year exams.
Foreign students must have a decent understanding of the French language and speak it sufficiently to go onto the next course level each year.
© photo credit : Pascal Montary