Couture sandwich course
This 12-month sandwich course is organised around 3 complementary training modules:
Know-how : technical training
Knowing how to act : customer relations, teamwork,
Professional environment : the store, visual identity of the brand.
The course comprising 420 hours of training approaches the following themes :
- the human body and its different characteristics, the fall of a garment,
- fabric knowledge
- the fundamental principles of sewing, finishes,
- how the suit is assembled ,
- draping and flat pattern-making,
- fittings, alterations,
- the professional environment, service,
- quality and the notion of luxury,
- fashion vocabulary (French/English)
- fashion history and culture
- personal communication skills (French/English).
In the framework of an exclusive partnership between the Chambre Syndicale School and CHANEL, and implemented for the first time in 2010/2011, the aim of this course is to transmit know-how specific to the Couture sector and by doing so encourage the survival of such techniques. The second schoolyear (2011/2012) branched out to other Luxury Houses.
The profession : a sense of detail and of a high standard of work, respecting and understanding luxury and its associated products, the permanent demand for quality, customer satisfaction, mastering garment assembly, a flair for suit making and dressmaking, appreciating a wide range of sophisticated fabrics, taking pleasure in the new collections each season, enjoying teamwork, the final touches before making a sale, the quest for excellence.
The aim of this course is to train qualified and operational professionals for workshops and luxury boutique shops.
- Professionalizing skills for the years to come,
- Specializing for a year in Luxury Fashion alterations,
- Training that will lead to a qualified and top-of-the-range level of alteration possibilities,
© photo credit : Pascal Montary