FASHION DESIGN AND TECHNIQUE
This course was granted the Professional Title of Masters 1 “Designer Concepteur/trice de Mode” level II (Fr) – 6 (Eu), registered at RNCP by decree of 17/07/2015 and published by the Official Journal of 25/07/2015.
The teaching is based on a strategy where traditional know-how, the development of the industrial dimension of the profession and new technologies, and the consideration of new market constraints are highly regarded and integrated.
- Styliste (clothes, accesories and knitwear)
- Assistant Image director, also known as Artistic director
- Modéliste or technical designer (Toiliste, Patronnier)
- Assistant Responsable Atelier/Bureau d’études
- Jobs linked to the development of the product : Collection director assistant, Production director assistant, Production purchasing assistant
Organisation and course content
The course is built upon 3 modules :
- Garment knowledge based on quality and its fit.
- The development of creativity,
- Knowledge of the professional environment.
The average length of each lesson depends on the subject taught.
Lessons are given in French.
Former students of this course, among others, are: Adeline André, Alexis Mabille, André Courrèges, Anne Valérie Hash, Dominique Sirop, Gilles Rosier, Gustavo Lins, Issey Miyake, Jean Colonna, Jean-Louis Scherrer, Jens Laugesen, Jérôme Lhuillier, Julien Fournié, Karl Lagerfeld, Lars Nilsson, Lefranc.Ferrant, Maxime Simoens, Rabih Kayrouz, Stéphane Rolland, Tom Van Lingen, Tomas Maier, Suzy Menkès, Valentino, Véronique Nichanian, Yves Saint Laurent, …
© photo credit : Pascal Montary